Monday 20 May 2013

T-56 A is for...

Although it runs for twenty-four hours, I will not actually be playing non-stop! As a general rule, I will be taking a fifteen minute break at forty-five minutes past each hour. There will also be longer breaks - approximately forty-five minutes - before and after the recital. This means that there will be about seventeen and a half hours of actual music.

In the run-up to the recital, I shall be outlining some of the pieces I shall be playing each hour. Other than the recital, each hour is devoted to a particular letter of the alphabet

The first hour (1200) is devoted to the letter A.
Composers I may feature include:
Richard Addinsell ("Warsaw Concerto")
Jehan Alain
Adolphe Adam ("O Holy Night")
Stephen Adams ("The Holy City")
Tomaso Albinoni (Adagio in G minor)
Leroy Anderson ("Sleigh Ride")
Anton Arensky
Harold Arlen ("The Wizard of Oz")
Thomas Arne ("Rule Britannia")

A is also for Andrew Lloyd-Webber, and I shall be playing a medley of some of his greatest hits

A is also for anniversary, and I may feature music written by Richard Wagner (b1813), Giuseppe Verdi (b1813), Benjamin Britten (b1913) and Paul Hindemith (d1963)

There may of course be other pieces which have been specifically requested for the particular hour which are not linked to the relevant letter!

No comments: