Monday 8 July 2013

T-7 L to Z

L is for.....Lefebure-Wely, Liszt & Lemare. I shall also be playing some of Michel Legrand’s film music on the piano

M is for.....Messiaen, Mulet & Mendelssohn. I will also be playing some of Mozart’s best-known piano music

N is for.....I shall be improvising on a new work, plus music by Ethelbert Nevin & Ivor Novello

O is for.....Oratorio. I shall be playing selections from Handel’s oratorio The Messiah, including the Hallelujah Chorus

PQ are for.....Pachelbel, Peeters, Paradis and Puccini. I shall also play music performed at the Queen’s coronation

R is for.....Ravel (Pavane), Rachmaninov (Vocalise) and Rutter. Plus music inspired by Romeo and Juliet

S is for.....Sibelius, and I shall be performing his most famous work, Finlandia. Plus music by Schumann & Schubert

T is for.....Tchaikovsky  (Nutcracker, Swan Lake, Sleeping Beauty). Plus music from Richard Wagner’s Tristan und Isolde

U is for.....United Kingdom and I shall be featuring traditional music from England, Wales, Scotland and Ireland

V is for.....Vierne (24 Pieces in Free Style), Verdi (Aida), Vaughan Williams and Vivaldi (Four Seasons)

WXYZ are for.....Water (Handel’s Suite), Walton, Wesley, Wagner & Whitlock. I shall also play traditional wedding music and round off the marathon with Zadok the Priest

No comments: